The right garage door depends on the property in question, however, there are some garage door types that are very common for new build homes, such as roller garage doors, sectional doors and up and over doors. In this blog, we will explore the best garage doors for new builds and what to consider before making your decision.
Roller garage doors are a very popular choice for new builds as they offer a sleek, modern look and can be easily automated. They are also space-saving as they roll up vertically, rather than opening outwards like other door types. However, roller doors can be more expensive than other types of garage doors and may require more maintenance over time, especially if they’re remote-controlled.
Sectional garage doors are another popular choice for new builds as they offer good security and insulation. They are also available in a variety of styles and can be easily automated. Like roller doors, sectional doors open vertically, however, they are made up of panels that slide back horizontally, meaning they take up more space than roller doors. Therefore, they take on a different look, which might not be suited to all new build homes.
Up and over
Up and over garage doors are the most common type of garage door and are often the cheapest option. They are also available in a variety of styles, although they are not as sleek as roller or sectional doors. Up and over doors open outwards, so they require more space in front of the garage than other types of doors. They can also be more difficult to automate.
When choosing a garage door for your new build home, there are a few things you should take into account, such as:
- The style of your home: You want to make sure the garage door fits in with the overall style of your property. If you have a modern home, then a roller door might be the best option, whereas if you have a more traditional home, an up and over door might be more suited.
- The space you have: You need to make sure you have enough space for the garage door to open, both in front of the garage and inside it. Roller and sectional doors take up less space than up and over doors, so they might be better suited if you have limited space.
- Your budget: Garage doors can vary widely in price, so you need to make sure you choose one that fits your budget, but there are plenty of places you can buy garage doors Northampton. Up and over doors are usually the cheapest option, followed by roller doors and then sectional doors.
- Your needs: You need to think about what you need from a garage door. Do you want it to be automated? Do you need it to be very secure? Do you need it to insulate your garage? Once you know what you need, you can narrow down your options.
- Automation: Most new build homes come with an automated garage door as standard, however, if yours doesn’t, then you might want to consider adding this feature. Automated garage doors are more convenient as they can be opened and closed using a remote control or key fob, meaning you don’t have to get out of your car to open the door. They can also be linked to security systems so that they open automatically when the alarm is triggered.
- Security: If you’re worried about security, then you might want to choose a garage door that is very secure. Roller doors and sectional doors are often made from steel, which is very strong and difficult to break through. Up and over doors can also be very secure if they’re made from solid wood or metal.
- Insulation: If you want to insulate your garage, then you should choose a door that is made from an insulated material. Sectional doors are often the best option as they have sealed panels that keep out draughts. Roller doors can also be insulated, however, they might not be as effective as sectional doors.
When it comes to choosing the best garage door for new builds, there are a few things you need to take into account, such as the style of your home, the space you have, your budget and your needs.
If you want a garage door that is secure and insulated, then a sectional door might be the best option. However, if you’re on a tight budget, then an up-and-over door could be the way to go. Whichever type of garage door you choose, make sure you buy from a reputable supplier so that you can be sure it will be of good quality and last for years to come.